• 36+ (specify in comments)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

panicbutton

Major
Senior Officer
Regimental HQ
So, I'm going to put up a poll to see if we even want to try this. If you're willing to chip in, please vote for how much you'd be willing to donate. We'll be able to assess the feasibility of the plan much better this way. If it looks like we'll hit 4k, I'll go ahead and give people the paypal unless deadfire throws it up somewhere anyway.

This poll is based on this interest thread found here: http://www.228ibr.com/index.php?topic=2272

Kageru

Major
Senior Officer
Regimental HQ
Website
www.dailyfailcenter.com
This is going to cost me something ... not sure what or when, but I will have to pay this back ...

$228 doesn't seem completely unreasonable to me (it might seem unreasonable to my wife, however).

Queenblade

Lieutenant
Officer
then perhaps $2.28 ?

I'm going to do $275 for myself, but I can throw in another $25 to the pay pal to even it out.

R13

Corporal
Black Watch
Yeah, unfortunately between getting married, being slave to an HOA on a landscaping project, and sorting out a couple of cars, I don't have as much disposable income right this minute as I'd like. Otherwise I could commit to biting a bigger chunk out of this (even if 228th somehow got mentioned in the ceremony, lol)

Assuming MWO E-sports and massive 228th corporate sponsorship doesn't happen, plan B would be promoting the hell out of IronChance to be a canon BT author, and let him do it, lol.

R13 link said:
Yeah, unfortunately between getting married, being slave to an HOA on a landscaping project, and sorting out a couple of cars, I don't have as much disposable income right this minute as I'd like. Otherwise I could commit to biting a bigger chunk out of this (even if 228th somehow got mentioned in the ceremony, lol)

Assuming MWO E-sports and massive 228th corporate sponsorship doesn't happen, plan B would be promoting the hell out of IronChance to be a canon BT author, and let him do it, lol.

Shit dude, for 4 grand I'll write you a novella STARRING 228th. :)

LOl. JK. I would never let you pay me for fan fic.

But now you got me thinking...

damn you!

Maybe if I start pumping out some Battletech fan-fic short stories we can lobby for canon inclusion down the road even without the funds... and maybe some senpai at Catalyst or Hairbrained or wherever will notice me and offer up a fat contract. Stranger things have happened.

But the kickstarter thing is still your best bet, obviously. But just as an FYI, I WILL do some more MWO fan fic in the near future. My schedule looks like it will start leveling out soon and hopefully PGI will update CW so it is something a little more inspiring.

I would be willing to put in $50, so that I still have some spare cash to get myself a copy with the $50 package.