What's new

Unit application by FilthPig

What your login is in MWO? F1L7HP1G

What battalion are you applying for? 318th Heavy Assault "Swamp Foxes"

Do you have a Sponsor? I do not have one

What is the timezone where you are located? US Central

Do you speak any languages other than English?
No

Have you ever been or are you currently a member of another MechWarrior Online unit?
Was a member of the 25th Marik Militia back in closed beta/open beta days. This unit has long been defunct and I have been a member of a few smaller units since then.

What do you feel is your strongest weight class, play style, and your best mech(s)?
I was always the go-to atlas pilot back in the days of the Marik civil war competative matches, now days I either play Kodiaks, Annihilators, Cyclops, or a Viper and an Arctic Cheetah when I feel spunky.

Do you have any competitive experience?
Not in the recent formats, however I was a member of the 25th Marik Militia's competative drop teams back in the days of RHoD, and Marik Civil Wars.

Do you have Team Speak 3 installed and willing to use it for voice comms with the 228th IBR?. Yes

Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Long time player of MWO and even longer fan of the Battletech Universe. I am looking for a group of guys who I can always count on to form a group and melt some faces. I have a family so being online constantly is never going to be my thing, however I do have a very strong competative spirit and long for the good ole days when I had a Mechwarrior family to call my own.

Why are you interested in joining 228IBR? I remember matches against the 228th years ago and you guys were always top notch. The fact that you guys have stayed stong and prospered is a testament to how good of a unit you are. I am looking for that kind of a group. A place that I can contribute my skills to and better yet a place that can make me a better player.

What are your expectations of and for the 228th IBR?
To always have a steady group of guys to drop with, train with and learn from.

Are there any additional skills that you can offer the 228th?
None really, I'm just a gamer.

Any other comments?
I appreciate the consideration and hope that I can get a shot at joining ranks.

Yeah, I hope it was all fond memories. We were an abrasive group at times. I know of one other 25MM guy who still drops, but the rest are long gone.

I was wondering if I could get access to your teamspeak, maybe drop with you guys just to make some acquaintance.

Darklight

Black Watch
Swamp Foxes
I mean, it was all good until it got converted into a WoT group and everybody else got kicked out for "not being loyal" if they did not play Tanks. I was trying to get JrGong back into the game but I have given up.

Teamspeak is free to join for anybody I am pretty sure, buttons on the right side of the home page. 318th practices are Mondays and Thursdays at 9:30 EST. Optional practices on various other days like heavy practices on Wednesday.

Thats funny, I've been trying to get gong to play again as well. I'll swing by sometime this week and say hello.